Monday 20 June 2011

'The' torch

Were not talking you average mag-lite here, this is the one and only 2012 Olympic torch. I have to say it is probably the first thing I have generally been impressed with in regards to the games. Don't get me wrong, I applied and was successful in gaining four tickets, what for you ask, good question, I think we would all like to know but that is a story for another time. Being a bit of a sports fanatic I am quite excited that our country is holding the games but it probably couldn't of come at a worse time what with the recession, yes it is creating jobs now but what happens once the games have been and gone...

Anyway, natter natter natter. So, this beautiful torch, whether it looks as good in person in comparison to this photograph we will never know but on that black background it looks truly amazing standing all alone, tall and proud. The torches perforated body has 8,000 holes which represent the 8,000 bearers that will carry the torch on it's journey. The bearers will be a mixture of athletes and people who have given outstanding sporting contributions to their community. I am excited to see if Barber Osgerby have anymore involvement in the Olympics. Take at look at their website for some design inspiration.


http://www.barberosgerby.com/

No comments: